Last
Wednesday, January 7
th was my best friend Ashley's Birthday. She is a huge UT fan and the boys basketball just happened to be playing that night in Knoxville so we got tickets! I had never been to a college basketball game before so I was excited. We were all decked out in our UT gear (except for Andy of course!) and we were ready to go. We ended up having to park a mile away because all the parking that was somewhat close to the stadium was only for season ticket holders....can you believe that! So we had to walk forever in the FREEZING cold weather! It was worth it because we had a blast! We got our food before we headed up to our seats...and when I saw up, I mean way up! We were the second row from the very top. This made me nervous because I am terribly afraid of heights. (I mean really really bad)...so I'm holding my coat, a big drink with no lid (I hate when they don't give you a lid!) and my hot dog...leaving no hands free to hold on to the hand-rail to assure my safety of not missing a step and falling all the way down the millions of stairs. Don't worry..we made it! I don't know a lot about basketball, but I did learn that the fans don't sit until UT scores a basket. Which I felt bad that I didn't do..but after all that hiking just to get to our seat...along with my nerves being shot from my fear of falling...all I wanted to do was sit down and eat my hot dog!
lol The game was intense and unfortunately our boys lost it in the end..but we had so much fun and I hope we can go to another game before the season is over!
No comments:
Post a Comment