For those of you who don't know Andy & I along with my parents are involved in the local Relay for Life. We have been participants for the past three years and have really enjoyed it. We've made a lot of nice friends and our family has been affected by cancer multiple times so it's nice to feel apart of something that is not only a great cause but is personal as well. My friend Ashley and I have a team and something that all the teams decided to do this year was a celebrity waiters dinner. Each team had a table (or more if you wanted) and they were the servers. They had to dress up as 1980's celebrities. Our team had two tables so Ashley and her husband Roger had a table, and Andy & I had one. Ash & Rog dressed up as Baby and Johnny from Dirty Dancing, and Andy and I dressed up as GI Joe and GI Jane. We had so much fun! Between both of our tables we raised almost $1000 for our team. All together that night we raised around $12,000. So it was definitely a successful night. Here are some pictures from the evening!
P.S. I do have to say that this was my first pair of camo pants! lol They are super comfy! I guess I'm really fitting in as a Tennessean!
These were all the people at our table. Dawn, Doug, Melinda, Phil, Mom, Dad, and Mark & Tammy. Thank you so much for your support!! Hope you had as much fun as Andy & I did!
Yep...thats us :)
Andy, Me, Ash, & Rog
No comments:
Post a Comment