Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Help Wanted
This is to all my blogging friends. I need your help! I am really wanting to give my blog a face lift..but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do everything. I know I don't update my blog as often as I should...but I keep telling myself that if I update it just a little that I might enjoy it a little better :) These are some things that I had in mind. I really like the 3 column layout. I have tried downloading this but for some reason I cannot get it to work. I also like how you can see the title of the most recent blog and when it was posted on your friends list. How do I do that? I'm debating on whether I want to leave the music on there..I'm thinking of taking it off. I have to admit..Alicia, I love how you make certain words bigger and some words link to other pages. I also follow a few blogs and I made a link list for me to click on..but is there a better way to do that or no? Also, do you guys receive e-mails everytime your friends update their blog..or do you just check it periodically? I just check mine randomly and go down my friend list to see who has updated..since I don't have that neat post where it just tells you. So I am asking/begging :) for your help is this matter. Thanks in advance..and I look forward to your feedback!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm still learning all this stuff, too, but here's what I've learned along the way.
To make your layout three columns, go here: http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2007/07/create-three-column-blogger-template.html
It's really actually easy. Don't let all the jargon scare you :)
For the friends list thing, are you meaning on your actual blog? You can do that by going to Layout, click edit on your Blog List gadget. There will be options on how you'd like your blog list to look. Just check "Title of Most Recent Post."
To add links, when writing your post, just highlight the word that you want the link to be, click the Link button (it's right next to the picture button) on the top, copy and paste the link you want to use where it says web address and you're done!
Making some words bigger is easy. Just highlight them, go to font size and select a bigger font.
To get emails of updates, you have to subscribe to the blog. To do this, click on any post title, scroll to the bottom where the comments section is and there should be a place to subscribe.
I hope that helped!
Looks like Courtney got here before I could :) Her answers are great.
You can also google 'three column blogger templates' and find one you like that way. Usually there is an HTML code that you then copy and paste into your HTML tab of your dashboard. It does erase all your add-on widgets, though.
Widgets are another cool thing to google. You can find 'most recent comment' widget' or 'most popular post' widget. Or just google blogger widgets and you will get thousands.
I just check people's blogs periodically or when it pops up on my list. When someone posts a new post through a blogger blog it goes to the top of my blog list, so that's an easy way for me to know they've updated.
Hope that helps! I'm still figuring out stuff myself :) Let me know if you have more questions though: Alicia.Ben@gmail.com.
Thank you so much! I have full intention of working on this hopefully sometime this week. Thanks again..I always wondered if anyone read my blog..haha I know it's not the most interesting! Thanks for reading :)
Post a Comment