I was really looking foward to 2010 because I made a lot of goals and kept telling myself this is our year! This will be the year that things start happening. For those of you who don't know mine and Andy's situation I will give you a little insight. :) We both have been trying to get our career jobs for a while. Andy longer than me since I just graduated last year but Andy has been trying since before we got married with no luck so far. After graduating in May last year I wasn't able to get a teaching job starting in the fall and it was one of the hardest trials of my life. I felt so awful and so.."not good" for lack of a better word. I never got a phone call from a principal..nothing. It was a HUGE self-esteem downer. I went to every school in the county and left my resume' with no luck. So I kept on living life and became ok with the fact that it just didn't happen this year and next year will be better...different. So I had put a lot of pressure on 2010 and boy did it start off with a bang. One that I am so grateful for I don't think words could ever really express the gratefulness and happiness that 2010 has brought me so far! January 4th I received a phone call from a principal who offered me a job teaching 3rd grade. When she called inside I was singing, "HALLLELIJIAH!" (not sure if I spelled that right..?) That one phone call has opened so many doors for me and we are just now into February. I am truly blessed. I am now at a different school teaching a reading class for grades 1-6, it is not permanent but it's another great way to get my foot in the door and I am truly grateful for the opportunity. There have been so many tears and prayers and I finally feel like we are starting to go in the right direction to be able to start our family we are wanting so very badly.
My sweet husband is also in the works of getting a new career job. I will give more details later :)
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How is your new teaching job going?
You need a place on your blog so i can follow you!
Teaching is going great...we have actually been out of school for over a week due to snow..lol
How do I do that? I'm not sure how to follow people. Help! :) lol
Post a Comment