Today is my last day at Caton's Chapel Elementary. I can't believe how fast 10 weeks went by. It feels like I have been here longer though. Not in a bad way..just that everyone made me feel welcomed and comfortable. I'm going to miss everyone and my students :) However, my journey continues and after Spring Break I will be going back to New Center teaching 2nd grade. I am so so so excited! I'm excited because 2nd grade is the grade I wanted..and I really love New Center. I will be at New Center until the end of the school year..which is also another great plus. I'm so grateful for the opportunities that I've been given these past 4 months and I really feel that hard work and dedication pay off because things are happening!
On another note...today is a 1/2 day, and the start to our very much needed Spring Break. I'm very excited because Andy and I are headed down to Charleston for a few days to visit with his younger brother Mikey and his wife and little girl. We have never been to Charleston and have heard that it's beautiful so we are very anxious. I'm also looking forward to seeing our neice. (I can never spell that word..it always looks wrong.. i before e except atfer c..right?) She is such a cutie patootie!
On a sadder note :( Since we are going out of town..my parents are watching Wilbur for us. He is in wonderful hands and he loves my parents..but I've been dreading it all week. I took him over there last night with all of his stuff. He will have fun..but I worry that he won't want to come home with us when we get home. I know thats silly..and Andy makes fun of me for it..but he is my puppy :) I had to sneak out the back door because when I went to go out the front door he followed me like "ok I'm ready!" lol I called after I pulled out of the driveway and my Dad said he was looking for me. :( It just makes me so sad. I guess this is a small taste of what it will be like the first time we have to leave our children when we go somewhere. Wow..I am definitely not looking forward to that...leaving Wilbur is hard enough!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on getting 2nd grade! I love kids that age, you can have the most interesting conversations with them. Post pics of your trip!
Post a Comment