CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 20, 2010

We're going to be Parents!

It's offical we are pregnant! :) I'm not sure where to start, but all I can say is I'm so happy to finally talk about it. It's hard keeping a secret so big and exciting! We've been wanting a baby for a while now, I still feel like I'm dreaming...what a wonderful dream! All summer I started preparing myself and couldn't wait until September because that was our "go" month. I am so excited and feel very blessed to have gotten pregnant in October. It's kind of a funny story..because how I thought I would feel physically is definitely not how I ended up feeling which totally threw me off.

I kept telling myself that I would just "know" when I was pregnant..that I would instantly feel different. Well I didn't...I was one day late and Andy and I were at the grocery store and we walked past the section where the pregnancy tests are and I stopped...didn't touch anything just kinda looked. I wanted to get one but I was scared if I did I was jinx it ..(I was totally playing mind games with myself!) Finally I think Andy got impatient and picked a box and put it in the cart..lol I took everything else we had already put in the cart and did my best to hide it. I was scared we would run into someone and I didn't want rumors spreading yet. (We did end up running into someone from church but I was pretty sure the coast was clear and they didnt' see it) So home we went and I put the test under the sink in the bathroom. The next day came and went, day 2 of being late. I was still scared to test. I finally got the courage to test the next day right before church. I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe that it was positive. Then the tears started flowing and I ran out of the bathroom to Andy and said "We're Pregnant!"  Then we had a sweet little moment realizing we were going to be parents and then off to church we went! :)

I was about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and my only indicator was a missed period. For the next week and a half or so..I felt pretty great. I was tired...like super duper tired, but didnt' feel sick at all. Food was still my friend at this point. :) Then came week 6 and it started with a bang. Thats when the nausea started and what an experience that was! I wont gross you out with the gory details but let's just say my least favorite thing about being pregnant so far. On a positive note, it started to get better around week 10, not great, but more tolerable. I thought..YES! We are on the downhill of this nausea business. Today I'm 12 1/2 weeks and it's still not completely gone. I'm still trying to figure out a good eating schedule. I don't think I'm eating often enough and I think that is triggering the nausea. I'm also super picky about food right now too. I can't eat pizza...holy heartburn! However, my great wonderful lifesaver friend Ashley got me the Magic Bullet for Christmas so I am making smoothies everyday!! It has been great. It's the perfect snack and it's healthy.  The other awful thing that triggers getting sick is brushing my teeth. The lowest of lows everyday for me is brushing my teeth! Who would have thought something so simple would be such an issue during pregnancy!

This past Friday we had our 12 week visit and got to have to an ultrasound and hear the heartbeat. My mom works just down the road from our doctors office so she joined us for the visit. She wanted to hear the heartbeat too :)  Here is my little bambino at 12 weeks!

It's hard to tell and I know there is a glare right in the middle from the flash. The baby was waving it's left hand and had it's right hand back kind of behind it's head. It looked like it was just lounging on the beach saying Hi Mom, Dad and Nana! I'm just chillin :)  It was so sweet!

2 comments:

Mrs Gable said...

That just made me tear up with joy! Heather I am so excited for you guys.


Now lets hope it's my turn next!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! I have to say, I just love being pregnant, I love giving birth and I love being a mommy! I'm so happy for you two!

Love Rox
(I'm Andy's cousin by the way. I've met you before, but it's been a while:)