Yes it is official, I am finally a college graduate!!! The week was full of fun because Andy's mom and dad were able to fly in for the occasion. My grandparents also drove up from FL. I spent the first part of the week with Andy's mom, which was fun because anytime I am around her I get in the crafty mood and FINALLY finished the baby blanket I started 8 1/2 years ago..lol. I have now started another blanket for a special friend who is expecting :) Wednesday night Andy's dad flew in and then I took both of them around Gatlinburg on Thursday. Thursday evening my friend Ashley and I drove up to Johnson City where my school is. (ETSU) and we spent the night in a hotel to wake up bright and early for Graduation practice the next morning. Both of our families drove up that night and also stayed in a hotel and then Graduation was Saturday May 9th at 10am. I am so excited to have my degree in teaching and hopefully can get a job starting this fall. Please keep me in your prayers as due to the economy there are not many positions open and there are a ton of people applying. I'm just so happy because I feel like Andy and I are taking the next step in our lives. No more homework, no more tuition...a normal life...wahooo!!
Sunday was Mother's Day so I was lucky to have my grandma, mom, and mother-in-law to share it with. I made my first double layer cake in their honor :) I think it turned out pretty good, I will post pictures later! My whole family was with me at church when I was sustained and set apart as the new YW President! Everyone kept asking me before hand what I was going to do with my spare time now that I'm done with school...well, this is what I will be doing! lol I'm really excited and very grateful for my new calling and feel that I'm going to learn and grow a lot. It should be interesting because when I was first called, I was thinking what! lol I'm only 23 and I'm going to be YW President... :) It was a lot to take in but I'm truly very excited and up for the task! Wish me luck :)
Ashley and I waiting for the ceremony to start
Yes we are laughing...hahaha We are done! lol
My mom has more pictures that I will get from her..also Ashley's dad took some with a really nice camera so I will get some of those too. :)
1 comment:
Congrats! Good luck finding a teaching job...I'm sure things will work out :)
Post a Comment